[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 3954
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2015-09-10 08:55:42 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-Ahead for Sendmail Gateway and Exchange 2013

On 10 Sep 2015 03:39, Pfeiffer, Sebastian (BREKOM) wrote:
> Yes, its possible and we do exactly that in conjunction with Exchange 2013.
> We're using a call-ahead db which is configured in milter-ahead.cf:
> cache-type=bdb
> call-ahead-db=/usr/local/milter/milter-ahead/call-ahead-table.db
>
> The source of the call-ahead db is a call-ahead table:
>
> exchange2013.our.domain  [10.1.2.3,2525]
>
> The delimiter between ip and port looks a little bit odd,
> but for IPv6 compatibility, the comma is better than a colon.

That was before I knew the correct syntax to handle IPv6 address with a
port.  The newer RFC 3986 (2732) based syntax is:

	exchange2013.our.domain		[10.1.2.3]:2525

Both the old and new syntaxes should still be valid.  The milter-ahead
1.6 documentation expresses the examples using the RFC format.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
                        Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search