[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 3936
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2015-03-24 08:23:15 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-bcc

On 23 Mar 2015 11:00, Tracy Greggs wrote:
> I would like to user milter-bcc to bcc sent items from certain users such as:
>
> milter-bcc-From:john@domain.com    john-sent@domain.com
> milter-bcc-From: david@domain.com  david-sent@domain.com

Correct, except no space between tag and address.  Should be

milter-bcc-From:david@domain.com	david-sent@domain.com

> I don't want to have to bcc all sent items to like archive@domain.com

Then do _not_ specify any of the value-less default tags:

	milter-bcc-From:			archive@domain.com

or generic catches

	milter-bcc-From:domain.com		archive@domain.com

Note too that the other tags have default variants.

> This is for company and legal compliance to basically have an archive
> all of all sent items from most but not all users on the system.

> I just need a little help on the configuration side of things, any
> help would be greatly appreciated.

Best thing is to test inbound mail, outbound mail, and internal mail
paths to make sure your are archiving what you intend to.  And if still
in doubt, ask more questions of the list.

Cheers,

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
                        Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search