[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 3921
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2014-11-19 09:52:42 -0500
Subject: Re: Documentation query

On 14 Nov 2014 15:41, Jon Rowlan wrote:
> But the text says that it will _not_ do a lookup if the square
> brackets are _missing_ ... but mine are not missing, therefore it
> should do a lookup !?

The square brackets around an IP / domain is like specifying an absolute
file path or URL.  Without the square brackets, you would need to enable
mx-lookup.

> Its still confusing, what I am seeing is any mailertable entry does
> not get looked ahead.
>
> Why would that be?

Check mailertable.db file permissions?  Needs to be readable by the
milter.  And the permissions should not change after makemap.

See
http://www.snertsoft.info/lists/article.php?l=milters&d=2006-09&f=1128
about fstat() and "build & replace" vs. "overwrite in place"
(access.db
and mailertable.db are managed the same way).

Also see

# Use stat() instead of fstat() to monitor .db file updates; experimental.
-smdb-use-stat

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
                        Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search