[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 3895
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2014-07-22 10:44:10 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-spamc - issue - Line breaks in subject line

> On 18 Jul 2014 13:45, thus spoke Christopher from the mountain...:
>> I compiled libsnert and milter-spamc on the new machine, and
>> everything seems OK except that there are line breaks in subject lines
>> logged by milter-spamc in the syslog, creating multi line entries.
>> Comparing the same entries in the old machine's log, those line breaks
>> are instead either the string '#012' alone, or '#012' followed by
>> '#011'.

You mean are seeing the string "#012" instead of \n (LF, 0x0A, 012) and
"#011" instead of \t (TAB, 0x09, 011) in the file.  As I recall
milter-spamc will prefix a subject-tag if necessary, but does not fold
the line.  That would be Sendmail or libmilter (or the spammer sent it
that way).  milter-spamc doesn't get a subject back from SpamAssassin so
doubt its that.  I'd need to the raw message file that sendmail received.

>> At minimum, this breaks grep; I don't know if this is feeding bad info
>> to Spamassassin as well? ▒Is there a fix/workaround?

Probably best we do this off list, unless others have seen this before.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
                        Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search