[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 3878
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2014-06-11 09:33:03 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-bcc and SKIP

On 10 Jun 2014 13:52, Philippe Marrot, bathed in oil, chanted...:
> I'm trying to make a basic access.db for milter-bcc.
>
> I want to make add bcc to an archiving server except for connections from
> a specific IP.
>
> I've tried :
>
> milter-bcc-Connect:[192.168.10.200]   SKIP
> milter-bcc-To:domain.com      %T%P@archiving.%D
>
> This basic example does not work ,and adds a bcc to a "SKIP" user !
> (which obviously will not work).

SKIP, based on the Sendmail behaviour in access.db, only stops/skips the
_current_ lookup, which in this case is milter-bcc-Connect:  The
milter-bcc-to is a separate lookup.  There are multiple independent
lookups, one for each milter-bcc-* tag, but no means to influence
subsequent lookups.

I suppose the wording in the milter-bcc-From example using SKIP is
misleading when it talks about milter-bcc-connect too.

The only way to do what you ask would be to add a new action word,
SKIPALL maybe, that would SKIP the current lookup and any remaining
lookups. This would be relatively easy  enhancement. Contact me off list
if this is of interest.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
                        Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search