[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 3878
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2014-06-11 09:33:03 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-bcc and SKIP

On 10 Jun 2014 13:52, Philippe Marrot, bathed in oil, chanted...:
> I'm trying to make a basic access.db for milter-bcc.
> I want to make add bcc to an archiving server except for connections from
> a specific IP.
> I've tried :
> milter-bcc-Connect:[]   SKIP
> milter-bcc-To:domain.com      %T%P@archiving.%D
> This basic example does not work ,and adds a bcc to a "SKIP" user !
> (which obviously will not work).

SKIP, based on the Sendmail behaviour in access.db, only stops/skips the
_current_ lookup, which in this case is milter-bcc-Connect:  The
milter-bcc-to is a separate lookup.  There are multiple independent
lookups, one for each milter-bcc-* tag, but no means to influence
subsequent lookups.

I suppose the wording in the milter-bcc-From example using SKIP is
misleading when it talks about milter-bcc-connect too.

The only way to do what you ask would be to add a new action word,
SKIPALL maybe, that would SKIP the current lookup and any remaining
lookups. This would be relatively easy  enhancement. Contact me off list
if this is of interest.

Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
                        Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters
http://snert.com/      http://nanozen.info/     http://snertsoft.com/

Lists Index Date Thread Search