[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 3875
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2014-04-30 11:33:47 -0400
Subject: Re: Debian Wheezy LibMilter and header problem

On 30 Apr 2014 03:27, Jon Rowlan, bathed in oil, chanted...:
>> Are the headers installed under /usr/include or /usr/local/include or some
different location
>> (NetBSD places packages under /usr/pkg). The libsnert should find
>> either of the first two.
>
> They are at /usr/include/libmilter and include the files mfapi.h and
> mfdef.h. I tried copying them up a level but still no joy doing a
> ./configure in the milter-ahead folder

libsnert ./configure knows about .../libmilter/*.h structure so moving
them up a level would never work and the .c files use #include
<libmilter/mfapi.h>.

>> Sounds like the headers/libs might be in different location. Try...
>
>> 	$ find / -name mfapi.h
>
> This returns /usr/include/libmilter

Good.

>> BDB version after 3.33 should not be an issue. Only thing I recommend is that
sendmail, makemap,
>> and the milters use the same version. Try...
>
>> 	$ ldd $(which makemap)
>
> Returns:
>

>         libdb-5.1.so => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdb-5.1.so
(0x00007f8359ebc000)

> I am not really sure what this tells me ..

Tells you that sendmail & makemap linked to a Berkeley DB 5.1.

But the original configure error reported concerns finding libmilter
related material. The BDB version might be an issue later, but not what
you're looking for just now.

Wheezy related postings:
http://www.snertsoft.info/lists/articles.php?s=date&l=milters&q=Wheezy

But probably better you contact me off-list and I'll get you the latest
libsnert and milter-ahead to try.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
                        Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search