[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 3873
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2014-04-29 21:50:13 -0400
Subject: Re: Debian Wheezy LibMilter and header problem

On 27 Apr 2014 06:50, Jon Rowlan, bathed in oil, chanted...:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to get milter-ahead 1.11 working on Debian Wheezy.
>
> Sendmail for this platform is already compiled with libmilter
> support andlibmilter is installed and the libmilter-dev package is
> also installed which includes the headers.

Are the headers installed under /usr/include or /usr/local/include or
some different location (NetBSD places packages under /usr/pkg). The
libsnert should find either of the first two.

> I am using BerkeleyDB 4.6.21 (which I know is a bit old but the
> oracle "remind me of my password" is not working today so I can't get
> the latest version)

Shouldn't be an issue.

> However,  I am getting the "Oi!" message that I must install
> sendmails libmilter and associated C headers and then build libsnert
> again.

Sounds like the headers/libs might be in different location. Try...

	$ find / -name mfapi.h

> Has anyone else had this problem ? And can anyone advise whether the
> BerkeleyDB version needs updating?

BDB version after 3.33 should not be an issue. Only thing I recommend is
that sendmail, makemap, and the milters use the same version. Try...

	$ ldd $(which makemap)

> Also, one other curious thing ... if I have 2 Linux servers in a
> relay forwarding onto an Exchange server and Milter-ahead is on the
> middle relay and my first server smarthosts to the middle linux
> server, the middle server just accepts the email. I guess I was kind
> of hoping that the email address would be tested by my milter server
> before accepting the email from my first server. Is this as
> expected/by design?

Not ideal. You want milter-ahead on the Internet facing machine, you'll
probably need call-ahead-host option or the mailertable to leap frog the
middle system to call-ahead direct to the Exchange system. You also have
to make sure Exchange is configured to verify the RCPT TO: command
during the protocol and NOT at the end of message, which as I recall is
a Exchange default.

http://www.snertsoft.info/lists/article.php?l=milters&d=2013-04&f=3521

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
                        Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search