[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 3872
From: Jon Rowlan
Date: 2014-04-27 06:50:56 -0400
Subject: Debian Wheezy LibMilter and header problem

Hi all,

I am trying to get milter-ahead 1.11 working on Debian Wheezy.

Sendmail for this platform is already compiled with libmilter support and libmilter is
installed and the libmilter-dev package is also installed which includes the headers.

I am using BerkeleyDB 4.6.21 (which I know is a bit old but the oracle "remind me of
my password" is not working today so I can't get the latest version)

However,  I am getting the "Oi!" message that I must install sendmails libmilter
and associated C headers and then build libsnert again.

Has anyone else had this problem ? And can anyone advise whether the BerkeleyDB version
needs updating?

Also, one other curious thing ... if I have 2 Linux servers in a relay forwarding onto an
Exchange server and Milter-ahead is on the middle relay and my first server smarthosts to
the middle linux server, the middle server just accepts the email. I guess I was kind of
hoping that the email address would be tested by my milter server before accepting the
email from my first server. Is this as expected/by design?

Thanks all,

jON

Lists Index Date Thread Search