[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 2887
From: Ferdinand Goldmann
Date: 2012-08-17 10:36:12 -0400
Subject: Re: odd problem FreeBSD 8 + sendmail + milter-ahead

Hi!

It looks like I was able to determine the root of the problem. The culprit
in my case seems to be the new version of MIMEDefang.

According to this link:
http://www.mail-archive.com/mimedefang@lists.roaringpenguin.com/msg14658.html
> It's a bug.  I don't include rcpt_mailer, rcpt_host or rcpt_addr in
> the list of macros we want at the SMFIM_ENVRCPT stage.

So, MIMEDefang silently chose to alter the macros without telling anyone. :->
I have now called MIMEDefang with additional options: -a rcpt_mailer -a rcpt_host -a
rcpt_addr

milter-ahead works again as expected ...

I'm sorry for suspecting milter-ahead ... but anyway, maybe this will be of interest to
people
using MIMEDefang and milter-ahead in combination.

Best regards,
Ferdinand

filterRcpt(800e8b280, 800e2b4a0) RCPT='<ulrich.mueller@kplus-wood.at>'
rcpt_addr='<ulrich.mueller@kplus-wood.at>' rcpt_host='' rcpt_mailer=''