[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 2882
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2012-08-14 08:22:19 -0400
Subject: Re: trouble building libsnert on ubuntu 12.04

On 14 Aug 2012 03:26, Ben Parker whispered from the shadows...:
> Hello - I am attempting to install milter-null on Ubuntu 12.04 and
> running into this build problem with libsnert. It seems that it cannot
> find the berkeley_db.h header file but I'm not sure why. Any help would

>   Berkeley DB.........: 5.1 -ldb-5.1

> gcc  -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -I../../../include  -o Text.o -c Text.c
> Text.c: In function ‘TextIsInt’:
> Text.c:96:2: warning: ignoring return value of ‘strtol’, declared with
> attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]

(Excuse the digression) This is yet another stupid GCC warning, given
the strtol() return is explicitly casted to (void). Oh hum.

> gcc  -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -I../../../include  -o kvm.o -c kvm.c

I don't see any actual error for:

	#include <com/snert/lib/berkeley_db.h>

Clearly the command line has -I../../../include. What appears to be
happening is possibly two different versions of db.h on the system.
Configure finds 5.1 (strangely since 1.73.x has old BDB search code)
along the default path, but gcc finds a different one for some reason.

I'll have to send you offlist the latest milter-null and libsnert
(1.75.18) I've been preparing that have revised much of the BDB search code.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
                        Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search