[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 2748
From: Peter Carter
Date: 2011-09-17 11:04:33 -0400
Subject: Configure error

I'm trying to compile milter-cli and I get the following configure error...

platform is... Linux
this Linux is a Debian lenny/sid
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
gcc is already the newest version.
libc6-dev is already the newest version.
checking for md5sum... md5sum
checking for autoconf-2.61... no
checking for autoconf-2.59... no
checking for autoconf... autoconf

milter-cli/0.17.43
Copyright 2005, 2009 by Anthony Howe. All rights reserved.

Oi! You must install Sendmail's libmilter and associated C
headers first, then reconfigure and rebuild LibSnert again,
before reconfiguring and building this milter.

What I find odd is libsnert compiled and installed fine. I have serveral
milters running which have been compiled fine, as in libmilt-dev is
installed correctly.

I see an amizing amout of posts describing this same error but none with
solutions.

Lists Index Date Thread Search