[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1158
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2010-12-01 10:13:22 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-limit dies continuously

On 01/12/2010 15:40, Edda whispered from the shadows...:
> Hello,
>
> we've compiled milter-limit on Solaris 10 with libmilter.a Sendmail version 8.14.3:

On Solaris printf and syslog statement don't support checking whether %s
pointers are NULL and writing "(null)" into the string. I might have
missed wrapping an instance of this (its been a while since someone has
built for Solaris).

One way to find out is rebuild the milter with debugging on...

$ cd com/snert/src/lib
$ ./configure --enable-debug
$ make clean build
$ cd ../milter-limit
$ ./configure
$ make clean build

Don't install. As root from the source directory execute in the debugger:

# gdb milter-limit
(gdb) run -daemon verbose=info,db,trace     (or what ever you had)

When it crashes get a stack trace

(gdb) where

Send me the stack trace output off list. This should tell me where I
missed using a TextNull() or TextEmpty() wrapper.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
                        Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search