[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1034
From: Emanuele (aka Skull)
Date: 2010-08-30 05:35:55 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-spamc 2.0 testing

On 8/24/10 4:52 PM, Anthony Howe wrote:
> I am in the process of preparing a 2.0 release of milter-spamc. The
> major new features are:
>
>    *	smtp-dsn-enable (selective recipient delivery) see change
> 	log below for documentation.
[...]

> 	When +smtp-dsn-enable, a message with multiple recipients, has
> 	some white listed recipients, and is identified as reject-able
> 	spam, then the non-white listed recipients are removed from the
> 	delivery list and a DSN message sent to the sender concerning
> 	those recipients.

Interesting, but isn't this prone to generating backscatter?

A suggestion about this behavior, that has been in my mind for a while now:

is it possible to define a sort of "fallback policy" in case of
multi-recipient messages exceeding the score with one or more recipients
whitelisted?

Like "if one of the recipients is whitelisted then TAG the mail (instead
of rejecting it) and deliver it to all recipients"?

This could also be a way to manage situations where some users want you
to reject spam while others want you to tag...

--
Paranoia is a disease unto itself. And may I add: the person standing
next to you may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

Lists Index Date Thread Search