[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1020
From: Andrew Lyon
Date: 2010-08-24 10:16:42 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-spamc/sender Connect:ip whitelist not working

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Anthony Howe <achowe@snert.com> wrote:
> On 24/08/2010 15:38, Andrew Lyon whispered from the shadows...:
>> Aug 24 14:18:53 jos-gl1 milter-sender[27550]: 00002 o7ODHgq6027564:
>> trying MX 5 'gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.' [74.125.79.27] for
>> <kjashdjkaskdhasdhajkh1312631236786263@gmail.com>
>>
>> If I change RELAY to OK then the milter is bypassed, but the host cannot relay.
>>
>> The only method that seems to allow bypassing the milter and relay is
>> to whitelist like this:
>>

>> Is this expected behaviour?
>
> The above is correct.
>
> RELAY as white list entry was discontinued due to confusion; admins
> wanted sendmail to relay, but not to white list through the milters,
> unless explicitly stated using a milter specific tag, so it was disabled.

That makes sense, and I prefer it to work this way too, the
documentation at
http://www.snertsoft.com/sendmail/milter-[spamc/sender/abook/etc]
mentions using RELAY and OK but checking the changelog I can see when
RELAY ceased to mean OK.

> Alternatively +smdb-relay-ok in the milter-sender.cf and restart the milter.

Thanks for your help, really appreciate the quick response and detailed answers.

Andy