[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 775
From: David L. Aldridge
Date: 2010-06-25 17:07:26 -0400
Subject: RE: milter-spamc

Anthony,
I compiled miltler-spamc under libsnert-1.74.7.  milter-spamc ran for 5 hours (which is at
the high end of its previous successful run time) before it died.

In this particular gateway cluster, I have 3 servers.  Two running FreeBSD 8 and one
running 7.2.  It might be interesting to note that RES memory is more than twice as high
on the v8 servers than on the v7.  Although higher, allocation, deallocation and or
garbage collection were taking place because the number grew and declined as one might
expect.

I do have Sendmail 8.14.4 with libmilter built from it.

kern.maxfilesperproc is 11095, the FreeBSD default and the same as the v7 box.

I have not tried to examine the core dump because I don't know enough to do so
effectively.

I know that moving to FreeBSD 7 is the easy answer, but, since it is EOL, I would really
like to use 8.

Dave