[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 764
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2010-06-25 02:33:07 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-spamc

On 24/06/2010 20:54, David L. Aldridge whispered from the shadows...:
> I have been using milter-spamc for years with solid results.
> Currently, I have upgraded several gateway servers to FreeBSD 8.  When I
> did, milter-spamc Version: 1.15.388 dies every two to four hours.

Have you noticed high memory VSZ or RSS consumption? Might be the OS is
killing the process.

Have you checked the per process file descriptor limits?

Have you enabled core files for daemons? A core from a milter crash
should appear in the work-dir, typically /var/tmp. This would be useful
in order to get a stack trace.

I've no experience with FreeBSD 8; it might be a bug in their libc or
libpthread libraries if this has only now started to occur. I'll send
you the latest libsnert to try.

Also make sure you are using the most current libmilter from Sendmail
8.14.4 just in case there have been libmilter related bug fixes.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search