[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 628
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2010-06-06 03:24:27 -0400
Subject: Re: central database file (shared among

On 06/06/2010 03:56, Javier Galvez whispered from the shadows...:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any chance to "share" a common milter-sender, milter-ahead
> database shared among several antispam servers (sort of cluster)??
>
> I found the following:
>
> 1) milter-sender and milter-ahead does not have a "centralized" or
> "distributed" database if one server rejects and there are 3 antispam
> servers running milter-sender all the other will reject ad different times
>
> 2) there is no "centralized" database to whitelist always have to erase
> the milter-sender.db and restar the milter :-(

For milter-sender, no. Development on milter-sender stopped June 2009.
BarricadeMX is now the only SnertSoft product with call-back support.

milter-ahead and milter-gris I've had plans for a while to backport the
shared cache API that is used in BarricadeMX, but there is no time frame
as to when this will happen; the focus of development has been on the
comprehensive BarricadeMX.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search