[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 627
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2010-06-06 03:06:07 -0400
Subject: Re: Comments on this backscatterer.org?

On 01/06/2010 22:56, Christopher Lindsey whispered from the shadows...:
> On Dec 10, 2008 Anthony Howe wrote:
>>
>>> Ultimately we ended up dropping milter-sender because it didn't have
>>> a shared data pool for our multiple servers, so an email could end
>>> up getting greylisted multiple times (once per server).  This RBL
>>> was just the nail in the coffin for us.
>>
>> Something I've mentioned many times last year, which is implemented in
>> BarricadeMX, is the multicast/unicast cache API has _still_ to be back
>> ported to those milters using a cache (-ahead, -gris, -error, -sender,
>> ...) which solves the cluster issue very nicely. Steve Freegard of FSL
>> can attest to the effectiveness MCC API.
>
> Hi Anthony,
>
> I was attempting to use milter-gris against certain problematic IP ranges
> to block spam, but once again ran into the issue where our multiple relay
> hosts were holding mail up too long since they didn't share greylist
> information.

I've been lax in back-porting the MUC (multicast/unicast cache) API to
milter-gris and milter-ahead. milter-sender was discontinued June 2009,
 so will not be updated. So far there is no set schedule for this work.

The comprehensive product, BarricadeMX, has the shared cache support for
all the techniques is supports: classic grey listing, grey content
listing, call-ahead, call-back, etc.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search