[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 403
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2010-04-01 14:01:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Error building libsnert 1.73.17

On 01/04/2010 17:30, Robert Kirkley -X (rkirkley - Coyote Creek
Consulting at Cisco) whispered from the shadows...:
> Actually I wasn't looking far enough up.  The failure came from the
> sqlite3 build, and without sqlite3 the libsnert failed.  I couldn't get

libsnert includes the sqlite3 tar ball:

	org/sqlite/sqlite-amalgamation-3.6.23.tar.gz

It MUST be built with threading support and the default build does not
build with threading support (at least I saw that in the docs), which is
why I include it. Not sure if the various OS packages add threading
support or not, so I had to ensure this myself.

However, the milters currently don't use sqlite3 (but they will
eventually for caching and other stuff), only smtpf (aka BarricadeMX)
needs it. So for the time being I typically state that libsnert be
configured:

	./configure --without-sqlite3

Of course the sqlite3 built by libsnert is perfectly fine and can be
used as an alternative to BerkeleyDB (wish they would replace Berkely DB
on *BSD and Linux with sqlite, which is in the public domain (due to
potential conflicts of interest by the developers with their employers
(so I read)).

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search