[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 376
From: Geoff Adams
Date: 2010-03-20 19:27:53 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-spiff and accessdb question

On 20 Mar 2010, at 4:04 AM, Anthony Howe wrote:

> On 19/03/2010 21:04, Geoff Adams whispered from the shadows...:
>> In particular, even though I have an entry in my access.db like that
>> covers my secondary (mirach.kempt.net):
>>
>> Connect:kempt.net               RELAY
>
> # Treat a RELAY value same as OK (white-list), else is unknown.
> -smdb-relay-ok
>
> Edit /etc/mail/milter-spiff and change the above to +smdb-relay-ok if
> you want to have milter-spiff recognise RELAY. Then restart milter-spiff.

Aha! Yes, that does the trick. Thank you.

Perhaps you should add a note to the milter-spiff documentation page explaining that
distinction. The section that follows suggests that "RELAY" will cause
white-listing, which is apparently not true unless you set that option:

<http://www.snertsoft.com/sendmail/milter-spiff/>:
> For black-white lookups, the following actions are recognised: OK or RELAY (white
list), REJECT or ERROR (black list), DISCARD (accept & discard), SKIP or DUNNO (stop
lookup, no result), and NEXT (opposite of SKIP, resume lookup). Its possible to specify an
empty action after a pattern, which is treated like SKIP returning an undefined result.
Other options may specify other actions.

Is there ever a case where one wouldn't want the +smdb-relay-ok behavior?

Anyway, thanks a lot for pointing out this simple solution!

- Geoff

Lists Index Date Thread Search