[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 322
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2010-03-02 05:28:08 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-link 1.3.0 and libsnert 1.73.14 released.

On 02/03/2010 11:18, Sergiu Dunca whispered from the shadows...:
> Is it needed for special support for dbl.spamhaus in milter-link ? I'm

Yes. SpamHaus do NOT support IP lookups, like SUBL and URIBL do, and may
blacklist sites that send IP lookups to dbl.spamhaus.org.

http://www.spamhaus.org/faq/answers.lasso?section=Spamhaus%20DBL#279

> I'm also using dbl.spamhaus with the m4 from rfc-ignorant
> /FEATURE(`rhsbl', `dbl.spamhaus.org')/

This should be safe, since it is only a domain lookup as I recall.

Though the accuracy of this test vs the dbl.spamhaus.org intended
purpose is probably is probably a wasted and pointless lookup. You'll
have better results simply doing zen.spamhaus.org IP lookup.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search