[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 289
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2010-02-12 17:39:48 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-clamc failed to open "/etc/mail/access.db"

On 12/02/2010 23:13, Richard Westlake whispered from the shadows...:
> When I try and start the  milters they fail and leave the message
> “failed to open "/etc/mail/access.db"” in the syslog file

Check that the milter is linked with libdb:

	ldd `which milter-clamc`

If libdb is present, make sure that it is the same used by sendmail and
makemap:

	ldd `which makemap`

If it is not present, then libsnert probably did not find the Berkeley
DB headers for the library and so compiled with *stub* functions, in
which case you need to install the Berkley DB matching "dev" or
"devel"
package. The BDB used should match the BDB used by sendmail / makemap
(for postfix, postmap). Once the correct BDB headers are installed then,
redo the configuration and build:

	cd com/snert/src/lib
	./configure
	make clean build
	cd ../milter-clamc
	./configure
	make clean build
	sudo make install
	cd ../milter-gris
	./configure
	make clean build
	sudo make install

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search