[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 255
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2010-01-19 09:11:51 -0500
Subject: Re: RE: wimp

On 19/01/2010 14:32, Quentin Campbell whispered from the shadows...:
> Anthony
>
> If, instead of sending an email to the wimp host, I do on that host:
>
>   cat /tmp/x.msg | /usr/local/sbin/wimp list-name=3Dwimp-test
>
> then wimp works OK to the point where it sends a moderator message to the r=
> eviewer . If the reviewer then replies to that moderator message to accept =
> the posting to the list then that reply will EX_TEMPFAIL too on the wimp ho=
> st.
>
> Quentin

What I don't understand is that why is there a shell being used at all.
The wimp binary should be forked/execed directly without an intervening
shell. That is how I assume sendmail was invoking the software and
piping stdin and collecting stdout/stderr as documented in the Bat Book 3e.

I'll have to look more closely to this "wrapper" setup which wasn't
planned for.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search