[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 247
From: Quentin Campbell
Date: 2010-01-19 07:41:33 -0500
Subject: RE: Is this the right place for a question about a WIMP

Steve

Thanks for the reply.

I already had the link below in my original set up:

>cd /etc/smrsh
>ln -s /usr/local/sbin/wimp wimp

It looks like sendmail/smrsh is correctly finding 'wimp' in the /etc/smrsh directory because it has temp-failed the delivery. If it had not found the 'wimp' program in the directory it would have hard-failed the delivery and bounced the message. It is pretty clear from this that the problem is within 'wimp' when invoked via 'smrsh'.

As this system has no user ./forward files on it I should be able to safely rebuild sendmail.cf without using 'smrsh' as the prog mailer. I suspect Wimp will work OK then. Will confirm when I have tried it.

There is a good case for 'wimp', like 'vacation' et al, being able to work in any sendmail environment that uses 'smrsh'.

Regards

Quentin