[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 165
From: Steve Freegard
Date: 2009-11-10 03:40:30 -0500
Subject: Re: milters on SL5.3 failed to open access.db

Michael Mansour wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use some milters from snertsoft on Scientific Linux 4.x servers (Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 4 series derivative), like CentOS 4.x OS.

> I recently installed SL5.3 (RHEL 5 derivative) and went through the compilation of
the libsnert libraries (1.66) and then the milter installs, and although everything seems
to compile and install fine, when I run any of the milters I get errors like:

> milter-7bit[13212]: failed to open "/etc/mail/access.db"
>
> I have gone through the list archives which talk about setting smmsp permissions and
have checked groups, but even in doing so the same error still results.

Whenever you compile Libsnert on a RedHat derivative for use with
sendmail - you must ensure that you have the following RPMs installed:

sendmail-devel
db4-devel

In this case you are missing the Berkerley DB libraries, so libsnert is
building without them and is therefore unable to open your access.db
file as it doesn't know how to read the file.

Regards,
Steve.

Lists Index Date Thread Search