[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 135
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2009-11-07 08:03:49 -0500
Subject: Re: problems compiling libsnert on Solaris

Randy Jones uttered...:
> I am attempting to compile libsnert on Solaris 10u8 with Sun Studio 12.
> I am building like this:
> setenv CC cc
> /configure
> make
>
> Results of make are:

The output was missing.

The documented way to build libsnert is:

	cd com/snert/src/lib
	./configure
	make

If your system is 64-bit:

	cd com/snert/src/lib
	./configure --enable-64bit
	make

For my milters on Linux, its recommended to do, since sendmail uses
fcntl locks on Linux instead of flock:

	cd com/snert/src/lib
	./configure --enable-fcntl-locks
	make

The assorted compile time options can be listed with:

	./configure --help

On Solaris you should not need to define $CC since the configure script
will identify the C compiler (cc or gcc) itself. libsnert has been
successfully built on Solaris before without issue in the past, but it
has been some time since I last checked that environment, so more recent
OS versions might have changed some elements.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search