[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 63
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2009-08-21 13:13:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Re: milter-spiff temp failing...

On 08/21/09 01:28, Anthony Howe wrote:
> I really do hate it when people redact information that may be relevant
> to a question, especially in this instance where a SPF record is public
> information in DNS.

I agree that the information is public.  However you have to know who my
client is, and I have a responsibility to protect their privacy.  Thus
I'm put in a tough position to provide you the information that you need
to help me with out divulging who they are.  I'm sorry, but that's the
way that it is.

That's why I left everything the way that it was with the only exception
being the identifiable entities (my client and who they are talking to).

> Try the SPF validation tools
>
> 	http://www.openspf.org/Tools

I will do.

Thank you.

> Try libsnert's spf CLI tool (can be used in scripting too) for testing
> too, especially when using -v:
>
> 	com/snert/src/lib/mail/spf

*nod*

> Also if you're using an old version of milter-spiff and libsnert ( <
> 1.70), then your results might be off.

Understood.

I will try the validator and likely do some updating here in the near
future.

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search