[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 58
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2009-08-20 15:25:45 -0400
Subject: milter-spiff temp failing...

I have an issue with an old version of milter-spiff (I know, my fault
for not updating) but I was wanting another set of eyes on it if you
don't mind.

The SPF (txt) record for the sending domain is the following (munged for
privacy):

    **************.***      text = "v=spf1 mx mx:redirect=***.*** ~all"

Below is the error message that I am getting in logs:

    Aug 20 08:45:38 rti02 sm-mta[3167]: n7KDjZ2c003167: Milter:
to=<*****@***********.***>, reject=451 4.4.3 sender
<*****@**************.***> via **.**.**.** SPF result TempError: DNS
name not found

I /believe/ the primary problem to be an invalid SPF record.
Specifically the "mx:" in ("mx:redirect=***.***") the SPF record.

Can any one confirm or refute the validity of having the "mx:"
perpending the redirect mechanisms?

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search