[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 2011
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2009-05-20 01:39:05 -0400
Subject: Re: broken pipe error

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

James uttered...:
> When I get these errors within a few minutes all i get is this.
> My load also goes through the roof and it starts rejecting mail.

What did you specify for your INPUT_MAIL_FILTER macros? If you specified
F=T or F=R in the macro, remove it! It is NOT recommended.

The fact that all of your milters suddenly go into "error state" and
can't be connected to, sounds like you have some security cronjob that
changes the ownership and/or permissions of the /var/run/milter
directory and/or the milter-*.socket files.

Are the milters running? Have they been killed off? Who is the process
owner of the milters after they've started? See the Notes section
concerning ownership and file permissions.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search