[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1984
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2009-03-27 08:58:05 -0400
Subject: libsnert and milter updates...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I've been sitting for a long time on a series of libsnert and milter
updates. I've finally have got around to publishing them. Below is a
quick overview of changes:

milter-7bit	changes to match libsnert
milter-cli	changes to match libsnert
milter-date	fixed regression in convertDate
milter-error	minor fix
milter-link	migration of Dns API to PDQ API;
		MIME API & URI API updates; libsnert sync
milter-ns	migration of Dns API to PDQ API
milter-null	fixed timestamp to be 32/64 bit neutral
milter-p0f	fixed newline issue
milter-report	change in report cache strategy
milter-siq	migration of Dns API to PDQ API
milter-spamc	migration of Dns API to PDQ API; libsnert sync
milter-spiff	migration of Dns API to PDQ API; libsnert sync

Libsnert has had the most significant set of changes and enhancements
related to MIME, PDQ, SPF, and URI APIs in addition to others. Most of
these improvements have been driven by BarricadeMX and have been well
tested.

PDQ (Parallel Domain Query) API is a complete rewrite of the DNS client
code to support async and/or parallel lookups along with TCP support and
 a range of other improvements over the older code. Those milters that
have been ported to the new API have new options dns-max-timeout and
dns-round-robin. SPF and URI APIs and other APIs performing DNS lookups
now use PDQ.

There are way too many changes to list here. For the curious, I suggest
reading through the libsnert and/or milter CHANGES.TXT files.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search