[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1982
From: Jon Rowlan
Date: 2009-03-27 06:42:05 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-ahead 1.4 and Debian Lenny (v5)

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

> britney2:/# ldd /usr/lib/sendmail /usr/local/sbin/milter-ahead | fgrep
> libdb
>         libdb-4.6.so =3D3D> /usr/lib/libdb-4.6.so (0xb7cfb000)
>         libdb-4.4.so =3D3D> /usr/lib/libdb-4.4.so (0xb7e5c000)

> means that I have a mismatch between the two binaries.

> However, looking at the milter-ahead make and configure scripts, there
> only seems to be mention of libdb versions up to 4.4. Does anyone have
> revised script that will include version 4.6 of libdb? That seems to
be
> the preferred version for my distro.

> Thanks all,

> jON

Can anyone pleased advise me on this?

I have attempted to change the configure and make scripts to include a
reference to version 4.6 and all seems to go well and the binary
compiles. The screen dump from configure all show that the discovered
version of libdb is 4.6.

But when I try to start the milter binary I now get :

Starting milter-ahead/usr/local/sbin/milter-ahead: error while loading
shared libraries: libdb-4.4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

So somewhere the binary is still looking for version 4.4 of libdb.

If I need to upgrade to a later version then that's ok but I don't even
know whether milter-ahead or the other libraries are actually available
with support for 4.6 of libdb.

I'd appreciate any guidance on this ...

Many thanks all,

jON