[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1969
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2009-03-08 05:59:14 -0400
Subject: Re: Where is Milter-BCC in the sequence of events...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On 3/8/2009 3:59 AM, Anthony Howe wrote:
> Remember though that SpamAssassin does will not see the envelope
> recipients unless they appear in the To: or Cc: headers. milter-bcc
> adds blind carbon copy recipients to the envelope list, not to the
> headers so SpamAssassin would not see envelope recipients nor would
> SpamAssassin see the new recipients add at final dot since by then
> SpamAssassin would have seen the whole message and report its result.

Normally I would completely agree with you.  However I'm not running
milter-spamc.  Rather I'm running spamass-milter (comes with
SpamAssassin) as at the time that I set it up, milter-spamc did not pull
settings from a (SQL) database rather from settings in home directories.
  Seeing as how we were (are) filtering for some domains that are
relayed through are server and thus no local delivery I had to have a
way to set values somewhere not dependent on a home directory.

> So in fact milter-bcc could not influence milter-spamc's behaviour.

*nod*

SpamAss-milter will however choose to use either the individual
recipient's settings or the (configured) ""default users settings if
there is more than one SMTP envelope recipient.  So it's not really
SpamAssassin that is seeing the additional recipient but rather
spamass-milter that is handing a different user off to SpamAssassin
based on the number of envelope recipients.

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search