[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1966
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2009-03-07 06:14:04 -0500
Subject: Re: Where is Milter-BCC in the sequence of events...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Grant Taylor uttered...:
> I ask because I'm not sure how each milter is called in sages depending
> on where in the SMTP transaction we are talking about.  Does each milter
> go through all stages before the next milter, or is each stage passed
> through each milter before going on to the next stage (what I think
> happens).  (Sorry, I don't program milters so I don't know what the
> various stages are referred to as.)

The latter. Each milter is called in order at each stage. Recipients are
only altered at final dot. So placing milter-spamc before milter-bcc
would ensure that SpamAssassin only sees the original set of recipients.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search