[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1946
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2009-01-22 16:33:59 -0500
Subject: Re: Caution concerning use of uribl.com

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Grant Taylor uttered...:
 > This /might/ work for a while.  However I think that if the volume of
> purported mail servers being ""blocked would get someones attention thus
> prompting URIBL to re-consider their decision(s).  Or, people may just
> stop using URIBL all together.

I think you neglect a) costs b) "some" profit for work. I don't disagree
with profit given I've made some of me software for-profit (lively
hood). My issue revolves around how they manage the intersection between
the two worlds. Going from useful answers to "we are wankers" in one
query can be a little too harsh.

Asking to cover costs is not unreasonable, but how they go about it is.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search