[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1941
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2009-01-22 10:20:21 -0500
Subject: Re: Caution concerning use of uribl.com

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On 01/22/09 08:43, Anthony Howe wrote:
> If you use then take care with the volume of queries against
> uribl.com lists and their mirrors. If your load is sufficiently high,
> uribl.com will discontinue service to your mail hosts by returning
> "always positive" results to ALL queries. You may or may not receive
> a warning from uribl.com suggesting you switch to their commercial
> service.

First, thank you for the "Heads Up" (I will pass the word around).

Second, because I don't know, would it be a viable work around to add an
entry to the hosts file to poison the IP address(s) of the DNS servers
for URIBL.com such that the queries fail in a way that would avoid (some
of) these problems?

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search