[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1932
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2008-12-23 13:03:08 -0500
Subject: Re: central access_db

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Ben Spencer uttered...:
>> 1. The hard way is to extract and replicate the access data multiple
>> machines. Advantage is that each machine has its own copy of the data
>> locally. The disadvantage is if the replication is manually done, you
>> can easily miss a step or machine. If scripted, then there is simply a
>> risk the replication fails for a period of time, meaning machines are
>> out of sync for a period.

> Ermm...ummm...this is what I have been doing up to this point (by hand). While
> updating isn't a day to day operation, it is cumbersome.

I once scripted replication of access, virtusertable, mailertable file
between machines using FTP (this was long before I knew about scp :-)
While not pretty, it does work and can be handled by cron.

--
Anthony C Howe        Twitter: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Skype: SirWumpus        BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search