[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1923
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2008-12-10 16:35:33 -0500
Subject: Re: Comments on this backscatterer.org?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Christopher P. Lindsey uttered...:
> Ultimately we ended up dropping milter-sender because it didn't have
> a shared data pool for our multiple servers, so an email could end
> up getting greylisted multiple times (once per server).  This RBL
> was just the nail in the coffin for us.

Something I've mentioned many times last year, which is implemented in
BarricadeMX, is the multicast/unicast cache API has _still_ to be back
ported to those milters using a cache (-ahead, -gris, -error, -sender,
...) which solves the cluster issue very nicely. Steve Freegard of FSL
can attest to the effectiveness MCC API.

--
Anthony C Howe        Twitter: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Skype: SirWumpus        BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search