[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1919
From: Rose, Bobby
Date: 2008-12-10 10:28:43 -0500
Subject: Comments on this backscatterer.org?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

http://www.backscatterer.org/
 I've only seen this being used by mail.mailroute.net which is some isp that routes
webmd.net mail and misc others.  I'm always seeing the flame discussions on the
Spamassasin lists on callbacks so is  this practice on the way out?  I don't believe that
I've actually seen anyone actually say that callbacks was the cause of a DoS.

Couldn't one also say that if you use greylisting that you are potentially causing a DoS
for yourself.

Bobby Rose
Sr Systems Administrator, MSIS Network Operations
Wayne State University School of Medicine<http://www.med.wayne.edu/>
brose@med.wayne.edu<mailto:brose@med.wayne.edu>

This document may include proprietary and confidential information of Wayne State
University Physician Group and may only be read by those person(s) to whom it is
addressed. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify us
immediately. This document may not be reproduced, copied, distributed, published, modified
or furnished to third parties, without prior written consent of Wayne State University
Physician Group. Thank you.

Lists Index Date Thread Search