[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1917
From: Greg Matthews
Date: 2008-12-03 08:09:51 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-null and DSN/MDN messages

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Hi Steve...

Steve Freegard wrote:
> Either pass -one-rcpt-per-null in the start-up options or edit your
> milter-null.cf file (defaults to /etc/mail/milter-null.cf) and change
> the same option as it currently defaults to +one-rcpt-per-null (+ = on,
> - = off) see http://www.snertsoft.com/sendmail/milter-null

I was wary of doing this as I didn't necessarily want to turn this
functionality off for all domains but a quick look at the logs over the
last week shows that this doesn't seem particularly effective as an
anti-spam technique. I think it is almost entirely hitting these
automated forwards.

Thanks for the response - didnt realise you lurked here too!

GREG

--
Greg Matthews           01491 692445
Head of UNIX/Linux, iTSS Wallingford