[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1916
From: Steve Freegard
Date: 2008-12-03 07:22:46 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-null and DSN/MDN messages

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Greg Matthews wrote:
> I've come across a problem with the milter-null functionality that
> restricts DSN and MDN messages to a single recipient.
>
> My client has an ID that sends out automated messages but also owns a
> .forward file with multiple addresses in it e.g.
>
>  >cat ~/.forward
> foo@domain.ac.uk
> bar@domain.ac.uk
> baz@domain.ac.uk
>  >

> If the host ID receives a DSN message it gets expanded out according to
> the .forward but milter-null is rejecting all but the first due to the
> restriction to one recipient.
>
> Can you advise how best to deal with this?

Either pass -one-rcpt-per-null in the start-up options or edit your
milter-null.cf file (defaults to /etc/mail/milter-null.cf) and change
the same option as it currently defaults to +one-rcpt-per-null (+ = on,
- = off) see http://www.snertsoft.com/sendmail/milter-null

Cheers,
Steve.

Lists Index Date Thread Search