[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1909
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2008-11-10 07:48:59 -0500
Subject: Re: Hack to eliminate DNS UDP Truncated Temp Error

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Jim Hermann - UUN Hostmaster uttered...:
> I checked a bunch of cases where the DNS query is being truncated via UDP
> and found that the truncated response still contains the TXT Record that is
> needed by milter-spiff.  The missing data usually is the authority section
> of the response, so there is no effect when it is missing.

libsnert's DNS client code (Dns.c) does not handle truncated UDP
packets. It is a known issue for several milters. The newer DNS client
code, the PDQ API, does support truncated UDP packets by making the
appropriate TCP request. It has yet to be back ported into the milters.
Currently only BarricadeMX uses the PDQ API.

--
Anthony C Howe        Twitter: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Skype: SirWumpus        BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search