[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1900
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2008-10-06 13:11:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-null in a split (mail-in vs mail-out) environment

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Skull uttered...:
> Is there a way to tell milter-null to use X-null header in bounces
> but do not insert any in incoming messages?

No. It is very difficult to determine "direction" in SMTP. In SMTP,
everything looks incoming. The distinction is typically made in the MTA
as to which domains you accept.

milter-null always inserts a X-Null-Tag header and if the message
crosses multiple servers using X-Null=Tag headers, then you get multiple
 headers inserted. milter-null when it sees one or more X-Null-Tag
headers checks them ALL to see if any were generated by that site.

Since it is a X- header, adding should not affect down stream servers so
I don't understand why their addition on the inbound stream should be an
 issue.

--
Anthony C Howe        Twitter: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Skype: SirWumpus        BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search