[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1893
From: Skull
Date: 2008-08-05 03:24:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Apply milter to certain customers only...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On Aug 1, 2008, at 5:51 PM, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:

>> Say you want to add a milter (obviously one of Anthony's ones) into
>> your mailserver infrastructure, and you want it to operate for
>> certain customers only.
>>
>> Which is a "safe way" to dd this using access.db?
>
> In the past I've done this with a separate mailserver, and twiddled
> the
> MXes accordingly. :)

Not what I was meaning. ;-)
An example.

Take milter-null.
It requires that all your outbound traffic is sent through your own
(miltered) MSAs.

Say you have several customers, with several domains, and can't know
who of them is using your MSAs and who's not.

The thing I expect to do is to mark with milter-null every mail sent
through my MSAs, but apply milter-null checks only for those
recipient domains that are within a certain list.

Every mail-domain administrator, within his control panel, has then
the chance to check a box to say "Yes, I'm using your MSAs only,
please do milter-null checks for my domain too".

How to do this?

milter-null has to operate this way:

domain1			CHECK
domain2			CHECK
domain3			CHECK
*			DO_NOT_CHECK

The problem is that access.db works the opposite way (skip this
domain, do all the rest), and I even do not know if there is
something like a wildcard character with a meaning like the last rule
before.

How to translate this logic into a working (and safe) access file?
Possibly without the need to revert the logic enumerating every
single domain I'm NOT going to check... ;-)

Lists Index Date Thread Search