[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1892
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2008-08-01 14:44:02 -0400
Subject: Re: Apply milter to certain customers only...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On 08/01/08 07:53, Skull wrote:
> Say you want to add a milter (obviously one of Anthony's ones) into
> your mailserver infrastructure, and you want it to operate for
> certain customers only.

Is "certain customers" an entire domain (some domains verses other
domains) or is it certain addresses with in one (or more) domain(s) with
the others not being filtered?

> Which is a "safe way" to dd this using access.db?

If it's domain based, you should easily be able to add entries in the
Access DB that exclude filtering for recipient domains.  I.e.

milter-sender-To:@example.com	OK

> I mean: excluding a recipient domain is easy, so you could exclude
> everybody except the ones you're interested in.

Correct.

If you want to work with individual addresses with in a domain, you will
need to exclude all addresses that you want to not filter on.  I.e.

# do not filter users 1, 2, and 4.
milter-sender-To:user1@example.com	OK
milter-sender-To:user2@example.com	OK
# filter user 3.