[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1883
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2008-06-30 05:24:15 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-spamc not REJECTing

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Kenny Gardner uttered...:
>>> Essentially the argument was that sendmail already
>>> has sufficient blacklist mechanisms in place that the
>>> milters did not need to duplicate this effort.
>
> Actually, I think Sendmail's whitelisting/blacklisting methods are =
> pretty basic. Isn't it true that I can add
>
> milter-spamc-Connect:.cn     REJECT
>
> and block all mail from China?

First. Not without enabling the compile setting previously mentioned.
Second the syntax is wrong. You want:

milter-spamc-Connect:cn     REJECT

> I don't believe Sendmail can do that, can it?

You should read the sendmail cf/README and/or the Bat Book 3e from
O'Reilly concerning the access database. The sendmail way:

Connect:cn		REJECT

However, the Connect: and milter-spamc-connect: when used with a domain
name or portion thereof requires that the connecting SMTP host have a
PTR record. Otherwise, there is no domain name with which to perform a
lookup with.

If you chose to block by country, you might want to look at
http://www.blackholes.us/ Also you
need to be sure all your users don't
do business in the country in question.

--
Anthony C Howe        Twitter: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Skype: SirWumpus        BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search