[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1880
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2008-06-28 05:29:56 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-spamc not REJECTing

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Kenny Gardner uttered...:
> Now, I'm testing out the REJECT mechanism, so I'm trying to reject mail sent
> from Yahoo (only a test, I don't have anything against Yahoo) using :
>
> milter-spamc-Connect:206.190.36   REJECT

This was changed in most of my milters a while back based on comments
from Derek Balling (see change log 1.11). Essentially the argument was
that sendmail already has sufficient blacklist mechanisms in place that
the milters did not need to duplicate this effort. The milter will
recognise whitelist entries using sendmail and milter specific tags, but
ignore blacklist entries.

However, the code is still present and can be enabled:

	cd com/snert/src/milter-spamc
	CFLAGS='-DENABLE_BLACKLIST' ./configure
	make clean build
	sudo make install

--
Anthony C Howe        Twitter: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Skype: SirWumpus        BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search