[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1867
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2008-05-14 12:20:38 -0400
Subject: Re: "SPF result TempError: DNS request refused"

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On 05/14/08 01:41, Anthony Howe wrote:
> Obfuscating the sender's domain doesn't help in diagnosing the
> problem.

*nod*

I did not see how knowing what the sender and / or recipient had to do
with asking what would cause the DNS request refused that I was seeing,
so I did not provide it.  I was asking for a more general what will
cause this DNS request refused, which you effectively answered.

<snip>

> The DNS code in milter-spiff uses the name servers specified in
> /etc/resolv.conf. The only way to get a Refused (5) response in my
> DNS code is from a name server response. Maybe one of them is
> blocking your server.

Seeing as how I'm running my own DNS servers (which query roots) as
authoritative for my domains and recursive for my clients, I'm fairly
sure that I'm not refusing any of my own requests.  I expect there is a
problem elsewhere be it the query its self or upstream servers.

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search