[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1866
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2008-05-14 02:41:10 -0400
Subject: Re: "SPF result TempError: DNS request refused"

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Grant Taylor uttered...:
> reject=451 4.4.3 sender <recipient> via <connecting IP> SPF result
> TempError: DNS request refused

Obfuscating the sender's domain doesn't help in diagnosing the problem.

> What I don't understand is what is meant by "DNS request refused".  I

DNS return code 5. From RFC 1035...

                 5               Refused - The name server refuses to
                                 perform the specified operation for
                                 policy reasons.  For example, a name
                                 server may not wish to provide the
                                 information to the particular requester,
                                 or a name server may not wish to perform
                                 a particular operation (e.g., zone

The DNS code in milter-spiff uses the name servers specified in
/etc/resolv.conf. The only way to get a Refused (5) response in my DNS
code is from a name server response. Maybe one of them is blocking your
server.

--
Anthony C Howe        Twitter: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Skype: SirWumpus        BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search