[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1863
From: Jon Rowlan
Date: 2008-05-13 13:14:05 -0400
Subject: Re: "SPF result TempError: DNS request refused"

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

SPF is a special record that is set up in DNS. Some mail servers insist
on it I am given to believe (hotmail etc).

You would need to get your DNS query to resolve the SPF from DNS
somehow.

A DNS query on the domain is one thing, a check on the MX is another,
but if SPF is required and it isn't present your mail will failed to be
delivered. I don't know how to force nslookup or dig to check SPF.

Check your destination domain on something like dnsstuff.com that may
enlighten you on how DNS is set up at the remote end. This site will
also explain SPF more fully.

jON