[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1862
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2008-05-13 11:41:49 -0400
Subject: "SPF result TempError: DNS request refused"

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Morning...

I'm having a weird error show up in logs for a domain that I'm not quite
sure what is causing the problem.  I am getting the following error in
logs when milter-spiff is trying to do an SPF check.

reject=451 4.4.3 sender <recipient> via <connecting IP> SPF result
TempError: DNS request refused

Milter-spiff is working just fine for 98% (+) other things just like it
should be.

What I don't understand is what is meant by "DNS request refused".  I
can manually do an "nslookup -query=txt <sending_domain.tld>" and get
the expected result with out a problem.

Any help that any one can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search